Currently we are meeting all of our customers’ requirements in China, despite the severe restrictions placed on the vast majority of commercial flights into and out of the country. It is still possible to clear shipments for transport to/from affected areas of COVID-19 coronavirus, however there may be delays.
Nearly all of the international flights in/out of China have been affected and airlines have placed restrictions on cargo, including temperature-controlled shipments. Whilst the situation is challenging, Biocair's global logistics specialists are still managing shipments in and out of the affected territories, and in other areas globally where the COVID-19 coronavirus is spreading Biocair is implementing the most efficient transport solutions. In addition, our Emergency Response Team is working to ensure that we have fluid contingency plans in place to minimise supply chain disruption throughout this challenging time.
The preventative measures taken by Biocair are constantly evolving, and currently include:
- All drivers operating in a quarantine zone are wearing extensive protective clothing, including FFP2 face masks, white coats and gloves. The drivers are washing their hands with water and soap, or with an hydroalcoholic solution, after any contact with another person or shipment.
- For cross-border flows coming from China and Hong Kong reaching another country in a less than 3 hours international transit time, the shipments shall be stored in a quarantine zone for 24 hours.
- For cross-border flows coming from northern Italy reaching another country in a less than 3 hours international transit time, the shipments shall be stored in a quarantine zone for 24 hours.
- For linehaul cross-border flows coming or going to and from northern Italy, the drivers are wearing masks and gloves during any interaction with another person in the area.
- Other flows are being monitored and managed as usual.
We are using our experiences in China and Singapore to build our contingency plans around the globe. Despite the challenging situation, we are fully committed to delivering continuity of service within the life sciences supply chain and ensuring safety to our clients, patients and employees.
We are working with the relevant authorities and will continue to communicate with our customers on any service or regulatory changes.
Please contact your local Biocair office for the most up to date information, including updates on your shipments already scheduled or planned.