We are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our expanding Operations team based in Sawston. Working in a fast paced environment, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience within the logistics or pharmaceutical industry. You will need to be highly organised, have the ability to work well under pressure and provide exceptional customer service.
Logistics Coordinator - Cambridge, UK
Main Purpose of Job
To deliver the highest quality service in our industry by ensuring all shipments are managed in the most efficient, safest and cost-effective way.
Act as the first point of contact for all shipping orders and enquiries and ensure that customer interactions are handled in a pro-active and professional manner at all times.
Manage the end to end shipment process for research samples, clinical trials medicines and other pharmaceutical and healthcare related products, on a worldwide basis:
• Gather comprehensive customer and shipment requirements
• Design appropriate, compliant, and cost-effective routing solutions
• Book consignments with airlines via on-line portal, email or phone
• Print all documentation required to facilitate transit, appropriate to the shipment
• Work with overseas offices/ agents to arrange collections, customs clearance and deliveries
• Proactively monitor the status of shipments and identify and deal with any issues as they arise or escalate appropriately
• Provide the customer with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status
Ensure correct and timely completion of all after shipment tasks, including but not limited to:
• Retrieving temperature monitor data and returning this to the client
• Arranging return logistics for reusable packaging and at customer request
• Providing chain of custody details to the customer for specialist shipments
• Receiving feedback from the consignee and following up directly to resolve any issues or questions, escalating where appropriate
Develop and maintain a close relationship with existing and potential clients by understanding needs, providing high levels of accurate and timely communication, ensuring complete satisfaction with the service provided and identifying service level improvements.
Liaise with suppliers to confirm documentation requirements, plan appropriate route solutions and get timely updates on live shipments.
Develop a thorough knowledge of the Biocair supplier network and supplier capabilities to effectively plan routes that meet customer requirements.
Ensure all Dangerous Goods shipments are correctly classified, have the correct documentation and that the route solution is appropriately designed.
Proactively manage costs at all times through:
• Planning cost-effective and appropriate route solutions which do not compromise on the quality of our service
• Challenging suppliers on costs and obtaining the best possible price for each shipment
• Ensuring that each shipment meets or exceeds expected gross margin targets, seeking further advice where these may not be met
• Helping resolve invoice queries when required
Assisting with the production of client quotations, giving effective solutions to clients whilst maintaining the company’s profitability targets.
Ensure that Biocair and customer systems (where required) are kept up to date with accurate and detailed information for each shipment.
Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively from receipt to resolution, escalating issues and seeking support from others where required. Take ownership of investigations, root cause analysis and put in place Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA’s) providing regular updates to customers and internal stakeholders.
Assist in delivering effective cold chain solutions based on the correct choice of solution dependent on client needs.
Build positive working relationships with internal stakeholders and work pro-actively with other teams in the UK and all global locations to deliver excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths, English and Science.
Must have experience of working within one or more of the following areas:
• Cold chain or time sensitive multimodal freight forwarding
• Phamaceutical industry, ideally within logistics or related area
• Highly customer orientated role with experience of successfully managing client & supplier relationships
• Up to date knowledge of global customs procedures
• Valid dangerous goods qualification
• Degree level of equivalent in Science or another relevant subject
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Is a team player with the ability to work on own without supervision when required
• Highly self-organized, able to plan and prioritise workload and manage changing priorities to meet strict deadlines
• Agile and resilient, is able to adapt quickly to different situations and shows initiative
• Demonstrates consistently high attention to detail
• Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills and will see issues through to resolution
• Identifies areas for improvement and suggests opportunities for positive change
If you would like to apply for the above position, then please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com